Check-in: 2 pm for RV/Tent sites & 3 pm for Vacation Rentals
Check-out: 11:30 am for RV/Tent sites & 11:00 am for Vacation Rentals
- Sewer hook up: Maryland law requires all sewer hoses to be undamaged and sewer connections to be tight. Replacement sewer hoses and sewer doughnuts can be purchased at our Camp Store.
- Occupancy: County and state regulations allow no more than 6 persons to a site or Vacation Rental.
- Bikes: Maryland law requires that all persons operating a bicycle under the age of 16 years of age must wear a helmet while biking. No bikes, scooters, and skateboards allowed out after dark.
- Fireworks: Maryland and county law both prohibit the use of fireworks at any time. Castaways has also banned the use of sparklers.
- Golf Cart operators: Maryland law requires all motor vehicles including Golf Carts, to be operated by a licensed driver. Lerner’s permits are not valid to operate a golf cart at Castaways.
- Golf Carts: All personal golf carts must be insured while on our site. Homeowners insurance is NOT adequate as it does not cover the golf cart away from home. All personal golf carts MUST obey park speed limits and rules, or it will be banned. NO ATV’s, UTV’s, Gators, etc., are permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Campfires: MD law requires they be attended at all times. Occasionally there is a state ban of fires and we will post and/or notify you at check-in if that occurs.
- Speed Limit: On Eagles Nest Road the limit is 30mph and 5mph on all campground roads.
- Guests/Visitors: Campers are responsible for their guest/visitors. They must register at the office and pay the guest/visitor fee and/or vehicle fee.
- Pets: We are a pet-friendly resort for customers bringing their own RV’s or Tent camping, but pets must be walked on a leash, cleaned up after and may not disturb other guests. No charge for pets on RV & Tent sites. Pets are the responsibility of the owner. Management reserves the right to restrict disruptive pets, exotic pets, and dogs considered to be aggressive breeds. All Vacation Rentals are pet friendly; however, additional fees apply. Maximum 3 pets per RV/Tent site or Vacation Rental.
- Fire rings & picnic tables: One of each is provided to marked sites. PLEASE DO NOT PUT TRASH, BOTTLES, OR CANS IN FIRE RINGS.
- Smoking: All buildings including Vacation Rentals, bathhouses, both pool areas, and the beach are “SMOKE FREE.”
- Vehicles: One vehicle is included in the RV/Tent site fee. Vacation Rental rates include 2 vehicles. One extra vehicle may be parked on your RV site for an additional $5 per a day. Vehicles not fitting on your site may be parked in our overflow parking area. ALL vehicles must have a valid state license plate & a parking pass from the front office upon check-in. We do not allow stand-up scooters or 3/4 wheel ATVs. No beach parking allowed, golf carts only. Towing is enforced. All ATV / UTV and other large Terrain Vehicles are prohibited. The only 4 wheeled vehicles permitted in our park are your car, truck, or adequately insured golf cart.
- Trailers: After launching your water craft, the trailer must be returned to your site or our overflow parking area and tagged with a valid parking permit.
- Trash: Before 10am trash may be placed in front of your campsite to be collected by our Maintenance Staff. After 10am, please place trash in any of the dumpsters.
- Respect your Neighbor: Do not cut thru sites & keep possessions on your site please.
- Quiet Time: From 11pm to 8am daily.
- Courtesy Rules: Violations could result in removal from the campground.
- Closing: For 2018 our closing time is 2pm, October 28th. All camping units must be removed by this date. Year round storage is available for an additional fee.
- Emergency: Dial 911- Location is 12550 Eagles Nest Road, Berlin, MD, then your site #.
After Office Hours, Please Call (443) 235-8697 for assistance or should you have any problems resulting in need of an overnight Camp Host.
Club Castaways: PLEASE return your key cards to the office before you leave!
**Disclaimer- Owners and/or management assume no responsibility for accidents, injuries to clientele & guests. We reserve the right to remove any person(s) without refund for detrimental conduct!