Check out time: 11:30 am for RV/Tent Sites & 11:00 am for Cottages
Check in times: 2 pm for RV/Tent Sites & 3 pm for Cottages.
- Sewer hook up: Maryland law requires all sewer hoses to be undamaged and sewer connections be tight. Replacement sewer hoses and sewer doughnuts can be purchased at our camp store or office.
- Occupancy: County and state regulations allow no more than 6 persons to a site.
- Bikes: Maryland law requires that all persons operating a bicycle under the age of 16 years of age must wear a helmet while biking. All bikes used during dark hours must have working lights.
- Fireworks: Maryland and county law both prohibit the use of fireworks at any time. Castaways has also banned the use of sparklers.
- Golf cart operators: Maryland law requires all motor vehicles including Golf carts, to be operated by a licensed driver.
- Campfires: MD law requires they be attended at all times. Occasionally there is a state ban of fires and we will post and/or notify you at check-in if that occurs.
- Speed Limit: On Eagles Nest Road the limit is 30mph and 5mph on all campground roads.
- Guests/Visitors: Campers are responsible for their guest/visitors. They must register at the office and pay the guest/visitor fee and/or vehicle fee.
- Pets:We are a pet-friendly resort for customers bringing their own RV’s, but pets must be walked on a leash, cleaned up after and may not disturb other guests. Pets are the responsibility of the owner. Management reserves the right to restrict disruptive pets, exotic pets, and dogs considered to be aggressive breeds.
- Fire rings & picnic tables: One of each is provided to marked sites. PLEASE DO NOT PUT TRASH, BOTTLES, OR CANS IN FIRE RINGS!
- Smoking: All buildings including bathhouse, both pool areas and the beach are “SMOKE FREE.”
- Vehicles: One vehicle is included in the site fee. One extra vehicle may be parked on your site for an additional $5 per a day. ALL vehicles must have a valid state license plate & a parking pass from the front office upon check-in. We do not allow stand-up scooters or 3 or 4 wheel ATVs. No beach parking allowed, golf carts only. Towing is enforced.- All Motorized vehicles must provide proof of insurance to be permitted on the property. Failure to provide proof of proper insurance will result in the prohibiting of use on Castaways property. * All ATV / UTV and other large Terrain Vehicles are prohibited ***The only 4 wheeled vehicles permitted in our park are your car, truck, or adequately insured golf cart. All personal golf carts must be insured for coverage while on our site. Homeowners insurance is NOT adequate as it does not cover the golf cart away from home. All personal golf carts MUST obey park speed limits and rules, or it will be banned. NO ATV’s, UTV’s, Gators, etc are permitted in our park. NO EXCEPTIONS”
- Trailers: After launching your water craft, the trailer must be returned to your site.
- Trash: Before 10am trash may be placed in front of your campsite to be collected by our Maintenance Staff. After 10am, please place trash in any of the dumpsters.
- Recyclables: Place in appropriate container (beside the dumpster @ the propane station).
- Respect your Neighbor: Do not cut thru sites & keep possessions on your site!
- Quiet Time: From 11pm to 8am daily.
- Courtesy Rules: Violations could result in eviction from the campground.
- Closing: For 2017 our closing time is 2pm, October 29th. All camping units must be removed by this date.
- Emergency: Dial 911- Location is 12550 Eagles Nest Road, Berlin, Maryland then your site #.
Security & After Office Hours Please Call (443) 235-8697 for assistance or should you have any problems resulting in need of an overnight Camp Host.
Club Castaways: PLEASE return your key cards to the office before you leave!
**Disclaimer- Owners and/or management assume no responsibility for accidents, injuries to clientele & guests. We reserve the right to evict any person (s) without refund for detrimental conduct!